Let’s take an opportunity to discover the fun and exciting facts about Gold Coast accountants. Here are 15 surprising fun facts about accounting as a profession.
- November 10 is International Accounting Day
- 2, 000 individual accounting agents are being employed at FBI.
- Walter Diemer, an accountant, invented Bubblegum in the year 1928.
- Certified young accountant’s salary ranges from $30,000 to $60,000 while seasoned accountants and top management officers earn as high as $200,000 per annum.
- The first CPA exam took place in New York in 1896.
- Accounting offers a constant rate of employment amidst economic changes compared to other professions.
- Accountants use basic arithmetic and simple equations. Computers perform most of the math. The accountant does the analysation and interpretation the results.
- Luca Pacioli was the father of accounting and wrote the first book on double entry accounting in 1494.
- The word “ACCOUNTANT” comes from the French word “COMPUTER,” which means to “count”.
- According to Info Corner, Accounting is considered as top 10 safest jobs to have.
- In Latin, the word ‘Debit’ means ‘he owes’ Latin, while ‘Credit’ means ‘he trusts’.
- The Romans were obsessed with accounting. Roman army kept scrupulous records of cash, commodities and transactions, and they computed revenue every day. The public expenditures of Emperor Augustus were even documented and quantified for the Roman people.
- St. Matthew of Apostle fame is the patron saint of accountants, bookkeepers and tax collectors. In the ancient town of Capernaum, he was a tax collector, before an Apostle.
- Better known for his pottery and ceramic business, Josiah Wedgwood was considered as the first cost accountant.
- The world’s first accountant was begun in Ancient Mesopotamia. Accounting ages a year old. The world’s first accountant worked for temples, keeping track of taxes paid in sheep and agricultural produce for the religious authorities of the day.
With today’s generation, the business world is rapidly growing and accountants play an important role in it. Gold Coast accountants will be the lifeline of a business especially in financial aspects and they will serve as a guide to the success of a business. If you have any concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach us out or you can drop your comments below!